Business Development Manager
Job Description –
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for new business development, portfolio management, credit quality and overall relationship management of NCIC’s commercial customers. The BDM manages and develops commercial accounts that lead to NCIC’s lending and financial packaging.
The BDM contributes to NCIC maximizing profitability and minimizing risk while acting as a trusted advisor to individual businesses, generating ideas, advice and solutions.
The BDM reports directly to the President and actively supports and coordinates with the members of the Lending Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify develop and maintain a consistent and active pipeline of qualified prospective customers
- Continually add new customers and support existing customers
- Understand the client and their needs, evaluate the financial condition and opportunity, and determine the best way NCIC can fit and deliver product and services.
- Grow NCIC revenue through the upselling existing accounts and the addition of new accounts and markets.
- Establish and strengthen customer/partner relationships and prospects
- Gain knowledge, insight and understanding from key decision-makers regarding client’s needs/challenges. Identify strategies that improve the client’s results
- Continuously build credibility, client prosperity and NCIC opportunity
- Maintain confidentiality
- Be a team-coordinated, primary point-of-contact for clients and business partners
- Participate in joint calls with business partners to develop customer
- Integrate with and manage relationships, including clients, the NCIC team and partners who add value to cohesively deliver ongoing, positive results
Strategic Outreach and Marketing
- Design, maintain, analyze progress and report on a strategic communication plan which guides the BDM attract a steady stream of qualified borrowers and customers
- Represent NCIC within the communities
- Build NCIC’s credibility, brand value, and trust with prospective customers and partners.
- Systematically maintain and perform ongoing communications with customers, borrowers and partners to maintain a positive awareness of NCIC’s team, capability and solutions
- Develop new business opportunities through formal and informal networking; event participation; newsletter; press releases; blog postings; consistent social media flow; website updates; photos; videos; and active participation in NCIC’s marketing
- Coordinate with peers and other capital and technical assistance providers
Organizational Participation and Records
- Evaluate and make recommendations for new loan requests
- Work with NCIC staff to create an ever improving customer service and customer care system so as to continuously improve customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Continually build our awareness of business prospects that align to NCIC’s target and build target business awareness of NCIC’s solutions
- Properly develop and maintain contact, history field and strategic information in NCIC’s customer relationship management for all prospects, borrowers, customers and prospective partners, along with all significant customer contact software
- Maintain accurate files in accordance with guidelines
- Other projects or responsibilities as may be assigned by the President.
VALUED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- 15 years of experience including sales/client interfacing and commercial credit knowledge
- Ability to manage high-end Middle Market Clients
- Ability to work independently and leverage professional relationships within and outside organization
- Extensive knowledge of financial analysis, risk evaluation, loan documentation and commercial loan structures.
- Ability to travel throughout the region and be flexible with working hours
- Superior sales presentation, interpersonal, negotiation and written and verbal communication skills
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
- Prefer completion of a master’s degree at an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
Please send a cover letter and resume on or before March 23, 2018 to:
51 Depot Square, Suite 2
St Johnsbury, VT 05819
802.748.5101 x 2025